HiPP growing up milk – Preparation and Usage
Preparing the feed
Please follow preparation and feeding instructions carefully; failure to do so may make your baby ill, as powdered milks are not sterile.
1 Wash hands and sterilise all equipment following the manufacturers’ instructions.
2 Boil 1 litre of freshly run water and leave to cool for no longer than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
3 Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle (referring to the Feeding Guide below). Note: this formula mixes better if prepared in a bottle. The milk can be transferred from the bottle to a beaker after mixing.
4 Using the scoop provided add the correct number of scoops of powder – 1 level scoop of powder to each fluid ounce of water (approx. 30 ml). Level off the powder using the scoop leveller. Do not press the powder.
5 Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until all the powder has dissolved (approx. 15 seconds).
6 Cool to drinking temperature (approx. 37ºC) by holding the bottle under cold running water, and feed immediately. ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding.
Feeding Guide (1 scoop = approx 4.6 g powder
|Amount of cooled |
boiled water per feed
|Number of level
scoops of powder
|150ml (5fl oz)||5 scoops|
|180ml (6fl oz)||6 scoops|
|210ml (7fl oz)||7 scoops|
Important feeding information
• Only use the scoop provided in the pack.
• Do not make feeds weaker or stronger than indicated by adding extra water/scoops, and do not add anything else to milk feeds.
• For hygiene reasons, always freshly prepare feeds and do not prepare in advance. Use made up feeds immediately, and discard anything leftover at the end of the feed, or 2 hours after preparation.
• Do not heat feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur which could cause scalding.
• A responsible person should be with your baby during feeding.
• Please clean your baby’s teeth regularly when they appear.
• Introduce a cup or beaker as soon as possible to prevent prolonged/frequent contact of teeth with milk feeds which may increase the risk of tooth decay.
• Use the sachet within 3 weeks of opening.