Why choose HiPP Combiotic comfort formula?
It is quite common for a baby’s digestive system to be immature in the first few months, which means they may suffer from wind, colic or constipation. These can have many causes including a temporary inability to digest lactose and/or protein. HiPP Comfort formula is nutritionally complete and has been specially developed with less lactose, hydrolysed protein, fibres and a special fat blend. T
These make the milk easier to digest than a standard infant formula. Colic can have many causes, including a temporary difficulty in digesting lactose, and usually resolves itself by the time a baby is 4-6 months old. If you are concerned that your baby has colic or constipation, or have any other feeding concerns, please speak to your healthcare professional or pharmacist.
- Reduce lactose content
- Hydrolysed protein which is easier to digest than intact protein
- Special fat blend based on breastmilk as the ideal model
- LCP (Omega 3 & 6) these fatty acids are particularly important in the first months of a baby’s life as they don’t produce enough LCPs on their own
How to use
Preparation and Usage
Preparing the feed
Please follow preparation and feeding instructions carefully; failure to do so may make your baby ill, as powdered milks are not sterile.
- Wash hands and sterilise all equipment according to the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Boil 1 litre of freshly run water and leave to cool for no longer than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle (referring to the Feeding Guide).
- Using the scoop provided add the correct number of scoops of powder – 1 level scoop of powder to each fluid ounce of water (approx 30ml). Level off the powder using the scoop leveller. Do not press the powder.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until all the powder has dissolved (approx 15 seconds).
- Cool to drinking temperature (approx 37ºC) by holding the bottle under cold running water. Always test the temperature of the milk before feeding. Feed immediately.
Feeding Guide (1 scoop = approx 4.4g powder)
- Approx. age of baby: 0-2 weeks; Weight of baby: 3.5kg, 7.5lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 3, 90ml; Cooled boiled water: 3fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 6
- Approx. age of baby: 2-4 weeks; Weight of baby: 4kg, 9lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 4, 120ml; Cooled boiled water: 4fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 2 months; Weight of baby: 5kg, 11lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 5, 150ml; Cooled boiled water: 5fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 3-5 months; Weight of baby: 6-7kg, 13-15.5lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 6, 180ml; Cooled boiled water: 6fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 5
- Approx. age of baby: 6 months*; Weight of baby: 7.5kg, 16.5lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 7, 210ml; Cooled boiled water: 7fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 4
- Approx. age of baby: 1-12 months; Weight of baby: 8.5-9kg, 18.5-20lbs; Single feed preparation level scoops: 7, 210ml; Cooled boiled water: 7fl oz, Feed in 24 hours: 3
- This table is a guide only; your baby should be fed on demand, particularly in the first few weeks, and may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you need more advice, please contact your healthcare professional.
*Assumes weaning from 6 months
Lactose, maltodextrin, vegetable oils (palm oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil), starch, beta-palmitate1 (from palm oil and sunflower oil), hydrolysed whey protein, galacto-oligosaccharides from lactose, calcium salts of orthophosphoric acid, emulsifier citric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, potassium chloride, fish oil, choline, Mortierella alpina-oil, L-phenylalanine, L-tyrosine, potassium hydroxide, magnesium chloride, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, L-arginine, calcium carbonate, L-histidine, calcium chloride, L-tryptophan, inositol, ferrous sulphate, L-carnitine, zinc oxide, pantothenic acid, niacin, vitamin E, cupric sulphate, vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, potassium iodate, vitamin B6, folic acid, sodium selenate, vitamin K, D-biotin, vitamin D, manganese sulphate, vitamin B12.
1 special fat blend
Fat 3.6 g
of which: saturates 1.6 g
of which: monounsaturates 1.4 g
of which: polyunsaturates 0.6 g
Linoleic acid (omega-6) 0.47 g
α-linolenic acid (omega-3) 0.05 g
DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) 13.2 mg
AA (Arachidonic acid) 13.2 mg
Carbohydrate 7.0 g
of which: sugars†† 3.0 g
of which: lactose 2.7 g
inositol 4.2 mg
starch 1.5 g
Fibre 0.3 g
of which: Galacto-oligosaccharides 0.3 g
Protein 1.25 g
of which: taurine 0.6 mg
L-carnitine 1.2 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Potassium 66 mg
Chloride 51 mg
Calcium 51 mg
Phosphorus 30 mg
Magnesium 4.5 mg
Iron 0.60 mg
Zinc 0.50 mg
Copper 0.053 mg
Manganese 0.0050 mg
Fluoride 0.0050 mg
Selenium 3.8 μg
Chromium 0.70 μg
Molybdenum 2.3 μg
Iodine 15 μg
Vitamin A 54 μg
Vitamin D 1.5 μg
Vitamin E 0.70 mg
Vitamin K 5.1 μg
Vitamin C 8.9 mg
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.036 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.051 mg
Niacin 0.34 mg
Vitamin B6 0.023 mg
Folic acid 10 μg
Vitamin B12 0.10 μg
Pantothenic acid 0.34 mg
Biotin 1.5 μg
Choline 25 mg
† Typical values per 100 ml prepared feed.
†† from lactose, natural milk sugar (2.7g/100ml)
The above analytical values are subject to the normal variations that occur with products made from natural ingredients. Standard solution: 100ml is made up of 12.8g HiPP comfort milk and 90ml water. One level scoop contains approx 4.3g HiPP comfort milk.
Have a comment or question?