HiPP Bio Combiotik PRE Instructions
Preparing the feed
Please follow preparation and feeding instructions carefully; failure to do so may make your baby ill, as powdered milks are not sterile.
1 Wash hands and sterilise all equipment following the manufacturers’ instructions.
2 Boil fresh drinking water and cool to 40-50ºC. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
3 Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle (referring to the Feeding Guide below).
4 Using the scoop provided add the correct number of scoops of powder – 1 level scoop of powder to each fluid ounce of water (approx. 30 ml). Level off the powder using the scoop leveller. Do not press the powder.
5 Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until all the powder has dissolved (approx. 15 seconds).
6 Cool to drinking temperature (approx. 37ºC) by holding the bottle under cold running water, and feed immediately. ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding.
|Approx. age |
|Amount of |
water per feed
|Number of level |
scoops of powder
per 24 hours
|0 - 2 weeks||60ml (2fl oz)||2||5 - 7|
|3 - 4 weeks||90ml (3fl oz)||3||5 - 7|
|5 - 6 weeks||120ml (4fl oz)||4||5 - 6|
|7 - 8 weeks||150ml (5 fl oz)||5||5|
|3 - 4 months||180ml (6 fl oz)||6||5|
|About 5 months||210ml (7fl oz)||7||5|
This table is a guide only; your baby should be fed on demand, particularly in the first few weeks, and may need more or less than the volumes stated. If you need more advice, please contact your healthcare professional.
Important feeding information
• Only use the scoop provided in the pack.
• Do not make feeds weaker or stronger than indicated by adding extra water/scoops, and do not add anything else to milk feeds.
• For hygiene reasons, always freshly prepare feeds and do not prepare in advance. Use made up feeds immediately, and discard anything leftover at the end of the feed, or 2 hours after preparation.
• Do not heat feeds in a microwave, hot spots may occur which could cause scalding.
• A responsible person should be with your baby during feeding.
• Please clean your baby’s teeth regularly when they appear.
• Introduce a cup or beaker as soon as possible to prevent prolonged/frequent contact of teeth with milk feeds which may increase the risk of tooth decay.
• Use the sachet within 3 weeks of opening.